Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team leave planner

A planner just for managing your teams leave; vacation, training, out of office etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom view in Shifts per team per user

We have over 30 users accessing shifts on the same team. It would be great to be able to save a custom view for each user. Currently, everyone has the same view for the shifts. Each time someone moves a rota up or down the list, this changes for everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default expand only certain shifts

We have 18 shifts under 1 team. Shifts via the desktop app seems very clunky having to load all groups and rotas while I scroll down. It would be great to be able set a default set of rota's to expand and the rest to collapse or to mark certain Rota's as favourites, therefore those favourites appear at the top of the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set default application to open respective files for organization wide

It would be really convenient if we could set default application to open respective files in tenant level, for example; set Acrobat Reader as the default application for opening PDF files. Currently we have to select appropriate application each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There is

There is no option to get web chat conversation as a pop up on mobile devices. It would be great to have that feature if one integrates it on their public Web site for customer support as I had in https://www.optanesystems com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. シフトのメモ欄のハイパーリンク有効化

シフトの詳細について、添付ファイルがある場合や、インターネットにて確認してほしい場合が多いため。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let a presenter see attendees face as he needs when sharing his desktop

It would be great that a presenter could optionally see all attendee’s camera view. If so, he could see attendee’s reaction during the meeting.

Current behavior with desktop sharing shows only one attendee’s camera at a time and the camera will be switched to attendee who speaks one after another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Team's search feature is suck. Check how Viber PC version work.

Team's search feature is suck. Check how Viber PC version work.

Viber PC version has next button to see search result and also can see all relevant information unlike TEAM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Heavy App and Inclusion limitations

Mobile App is sluggish.. First of all....
    As of now there is no ability to invite or let external people be involved in channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Itemized grading of rubrics

I was hoping to export my rubric from teams to show an itemized score for each section to determine what questions most commonly did students get wrong. I was hoping to use this data to drive my instruction and make it easier to analyze each question within the rubric.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Skype to Teams Interop - Desktopsharing

Skype to Teams migration is described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-and-skypeforbusiness-coexistence-and-interoperability

For desktopsharing it talks about an interop escalation. I tested this and it didn't work. See here the video (sorry in dutch). This is especially important for federation scenario's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Forms, Other Option Text Box

When selecting the Other option for a choice radio box add an option to have it display a textbox where the 'other' option can be typed in.

Currently the only workaround for this seems to be creating a second text question specifying if you answered other to enter the 'other option'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put a link to the schedule that is easy and quick to access

Put a link to the schedule that is easy and quick to access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Microsoft Teams Budget Phone

Now that Microsoft have announced the EOL of Skype online and also the EOL for the gateway that support 3PIP Skype for Business phones, customers now only have a very small amount of Microsoft Teams phones they can choose from. Yealink (4), Audiocodes (1) and Polycom has yet to GA their phones. All the phones have a fancy lcd screen with a Teams client running in it. They are also more expensive. In order to be a PBX replacement customer requires a budget phone ($100 or less).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want to have a provision to copy paste an email in new task or existing task which I'm creating for another person in my team.

I want to have a provision to copy paste an email in new task or existing task which I'm creating for another person in my team. Now I will have to save the particular email and attach the same in attachment of the task, which is time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams-Only 1:1 support voor p2p voice, p2p video and desktopsharing over federation, initiated from a chat.

Teams-Only 1:1 support voor p2p voice, p2p video and desktopsharing over federation, initiated from a chat. Enterprise moving from Skype for Business to Teams require all modalities in a federation scenario. Currently only Teams-Only 1:1 support for chat is in the Office 365 roadmap

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Teams Budget phone

Now that Microsoft have announced the EOL of Skype online and also the EOL for the gateway that support 3PIP, customers now only have a very small amount of Microsoft Teams phones they can choose from. Yealink (4), Audiocodes (1) and Polycom has yet to GA their phones. All the phones have a fancy lcd screen with a Teams client running in it. In order to be a PBX replacement customer requires a budget phone ($100 or less). Functionaliteit just basic dialing and be called.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include all unread messages in email notification

I receive an email when I miss a private chat which is helpful. Unfortunately, if someone sends me multiple messages, the email notification only shows about 114 characters of the last message they sent. I'd like the email notification to show all of the unread messages in the chat in their entirety. That way I can easily reply via email since I'm away from my computer. (I also think the reply to address on the email notifications should be the person who's sending me messages, but that's already a suggestion).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integration with RMM Platforms.

using the Planner integration of teams to connect with somthing like NinjaRMM?
    Where you say define a Planner object in NinjaRMM then it is created in PLanner with details about the Device, and Organization it was created for.
    When creating the planner object you can choose what "Team/Organization" it should be filed under.

Basically this would create a "Poor-man's Ticketing System"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base