Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Group Chats to be Converted into a Team Channel

There are times when people start a conversation as a chat with a few people, and the chat gathers momentum and eventually becomes a regular chat room. It would be great to be able to convert a private chat into a Team Channel. The way it could work is, if the members of the chat are all part of the same team, you have a function where you can select that team from a dropdown list, and "Convert to Team Channel". The private chat would become a permanent team, and all previous chat history would be retained in the newly…

620 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

96 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide a user from Microsoft Teams

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide a user from showing as a Microsoft Teams user. Right now it is super confusing for users when old staff members whose mailboxes are still being used show in Microsoft Teams. There is currently no option to hide these users from showing as contacts in chats.

620 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make saved Outlook attachments visible to Teams

Saving email attachments to a team Sharepoint site (Outlook 2016, Save to Onedrive, Group files) leaves them hidden from Teams. This is because the attachments are saved to the team's Sharepoint main folder, which is not associated with a channel. This is confusing to the user, who wonders why the files do not appear in Teams. The user has to know to open Sharepoint and manually relocate the attachments to the desired channel after saving them.

One solution would be to expose channels in Outlook 2016, so the user can select the channel where the files should be saved.

Another…

607 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

604 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  71 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collapse/expand conversations (hide/show replies)

Users are asking for a few different things:

1. Collapse/expend all button -- single click to collapse or expand all threads

2. Admin setting for collapse/expand

3. Button to re-collapse a thread once its been expanded (right now you have to navigate to another channel in order for the thread to re-collapse)

Please add more granular requests in the thread below.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Item 1 and 2 are Under Review.

Item 3 has been Completed.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more on this request.

-Warren

6. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

586 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

582 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flashing Icon in task bar for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

571 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create Planner Task from a Teams conversation

I would like to easily create a planner Task form a Teams conversation.
    e.g.: @Microsoft task: Enable Planner Task creation from a Teams conversation

A Suggestion should help to set additional information e.g.: due date
    By default the bucket should match the channel

566 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rearrange all Tabs within a Channel

I know a similar request is marked as "We have this!", but it's not possible to move all tabs.

I can rearrange the tabs that I add, but Conversations and Files cannot be moved.

I would like to have a channel that starts with a Planner tab, and another that starts with a Wiki tab.

Not everyone channel will be based around conversations, so it should be possible to move the Conversation and File tab to the far right.

553 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Meeting Call Me Back Number

After entering a meeting, if you would like Teams to call you back you need to enter a phone number in the Call Me Back box. (See attached file.) It would be great if this box would remember the last number called and there was a user setting to save a default number. This would save you from having to enter in the number every single time.

532 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to inform you that you are able to join meetings by choosing “Call me” from the join dropdown on iOS & Android. To use this feature, you need to provide a phone number where you can receive a phone call. If the call is accepted, your meeting audio will switch to the cellular connection. Your personal and work phone numbers, if added to your account, will be available for selection automatically.

The team is working to release this feature for Desktop. I don’t have dates to share at this time, but will keep you posted.

Thanks!

12. Lets make contacts great again!

Can we please have an awesome next-level contacts interface and management!? Pretty sure we were promised cool stuff in SfB that never came :(

While contacts management might seem like a pretty boring feature (because it is), its one of the most pivotal parts of the app. The whole point of the app is to communicate. So if you can't find or interact with contact information easily, it can be very frustrating!!!

The first thing that needs to be resolved is the fact that the "Calls" tab is the central location for contacts. That doesn't see right or make sense…

531 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show Week Number In Windows 10 Tray Calendar App

Hi Windows experts!

I can see week numbers if I start the Calendar App on Windows 10 but I'm not able to see week number if I just click date and time in the taskbar and the small calendar pops up. I would like for week numbers to show in the taskbar pop up calendar.

Have a very good day!
    Anton from Sundsvall, Sweden

529 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

527 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  88 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

516 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video screen size when sharing screen

When video chatting and sharing your screen, the video window is very small and you can't resize it.

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
    1. Able to resize video preview
    2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
    3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
    4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
    5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

513 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search Public and Private Teams

Users report its very difficult for their peers to find a team that they have created. This hinders their ability to increase team membership.

Other users report its frustrating that they can't just search ALL the teams at their organization -- that only a small fraction are surfaced to them in their "Suggested" view.

The capability to view Public Teams when you click on "Create Team" is great.

HOWEVER... it would be a better user experience if there was a prominent button or link called "Search for Teams".

Teams needs this discovery capability to avoid the duplication of Team areas…

510 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately we hit some snags and this has moved back to “working on it”. The team is working to make some corrections and I hope to have a release date in the near future. I’ll keep you posted with what I hear.
    -Warren

18. Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

508 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

19. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

507 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

20. Non Persistent VDI

Support for Non-Persistent VDI. Currently Teams desktop App installs in the user App folder this means it can't be placed on the base image of non persistent VDI environments.

Are there any plans to provide an alternative install for VDI. Currently we are installing Teams at login for VDI users as a work around.

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature has moved into the planning stages. I’ll keep you posted as we continue to move ahead in development.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base