Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have end users change participant settings (lobby settings) for Teams meetings

Just like with Skype for Business have a setting that allows our end users to change the participant settings for Teams Meetings as described here for Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-participant-settings-for-skype-for-business-meetings-9175e297-de5f-43b2-8e0f-85cc05e24986

521 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

85 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

519 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

502 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
    1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
    Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

496 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has now moved to “working on it”. The team is actively working on this request and I will share more details as they become available.

-Warren

6. Wiki Search

Absolutely need search capability for Wiki within Teams. A Wiki without search becomes somewhat useless as soon as you add a moderate amount of content and forces you to re-think where you want to store the information.

492 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

489 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Connect with "Groups" conversation in Outlook

I was surprised that conversations within Teams doesn't show up inside the conversation thread in Outlook Groups. Please consider at least connecting the "General" channel with the Outlook Conversation.

488 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thank you!  ·  Warren responded

Thanks for the feedback.

We are considering a number of ways to better integrate experiences across Teams, Outlook, and other apps. However, we don’t have any specifics to share on this request.

-Warren

9. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

485 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  61 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make saved Outlook attachments visible to Teams

Saving email attachments to a team Sharepoint site (Outlook 2016, Save to Onedrive, Group files) leaves them hidden from Teams. This is because the attachments are saved to the team's Sharepoint main folder, which is not associated with a channel. This is confusing to the user, who wonders why the files do not appear in Teams. The user has to know to open Sharepoint and manually relocate the attachments to the desired channel after saving them.

One solution would be to expose channels in Outlook 2016, so the user can select the channel where the files should be saved.

Another…

483 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alphabetical sort option for Teams

Please consider including an option for viewing the teams in alphabetical order. Ideally, there should be a "Default" view which sorts all the teams in ascending order (A-Z) and an option to sort the teams based on most recent activity. Of course, this feature should also be pushed to the mobile app as well.

476 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

474 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

13. Allow sending messages to yourself

The Slack slackbot allows you send messages to yourself.

467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Share video and audio during meetings

During meetings we need to be able to share an online video with team members. Videos could be in Stream or Youtube or Vimeo or others. And this includes sharing the video sound. Currently we use normal Teams screen sharing, but all team members on the call can either hear or see, the video/audio are always asynchronous.

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Non Persistent VDI

Support for Non-Persistent VDI. Currently Teams desktop App installs in the user App folder this means it can't be placed on the base image of non persistent VDI environments.

Are there any plans to provide an alternative install for VDI. Currently we are installing Teams at login for VDI users as a work around.

461 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature has moved into the planning stages. I’ll keep you posted as we continue to move ahead in development.

-Warren

16. Recurring Shifts

Allow setting a shift as recurring with beginning and end dates

460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

18. Move a wiki page to a different channel

After writing an extensive wiki page in an existing channel, it became large enough to have it's own channel. Moving the page over to the new channel was very cumbersome because all the sections and formatting gets lost when copying over the text. I see that a page can be moved up or down within the wiki itself, but there is not option to move it to a different channel and believe this feature should be added.

Thanks,
    Kevin

452 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still on the backlog. No new information to share at this time.

-Warren

19. Allow global admin to be able to see all Teams (or sites) at one location or one page

It would be great from management point of view if we could see a list of all teams or their related sites from sharepoint at one location.
    That way we'll know what all teams are there and it would be easy to navigate.

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

448 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

Due to a priority shift we need to move this one onto the backlog again.

I’ll keep you posted once we can pick up the forward momentum again.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.