Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

1,936 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications are easily missed

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one. Slack is currently much better in that sense.

1,843 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

193 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being reviewed. The team is working hard to make numerous changes with regards to notifications, but they haven’t forgotten about this item.

I hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

3. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

1,811 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

4. Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
    In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it…

1,776 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

331 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team and sharing all your feedback.

-Warren

5. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

1,765 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

238 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
    thanks

1,724 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,713 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

332 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

1,637 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

277 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still in the works. I hope to have more updates soon. I’ll keep you posted.
    -Warren

9. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

1,531 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

184 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

1,527 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

1,519 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,497 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

13. Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
    I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
    I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window…

1,492 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nested Teams and subchannels

Could it be possible to create teams within teams. For example, we have a Development Team at our company which consists of two sub-teams, tech support team and project team.

I’d love to be able to have a “home” top-level channel for my project team, and then have sub-channels for each project that we are working on.

1,435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

215 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

This request has been reviewed and declined by the feature team.

You can continue to up vote this topic as well as leave comments. Depending on the ongoing feedback, there is always a chance a topic will be revisited based on user demand.

-Warren

15. Add ability to print and/or export a wiki page.

Provide the ability to print and/or export (Word, PDF, etc.) a wiki page(s) that is created under a Team's channel page.

1,400 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still on the backlog. I will continue to track this item and provide updates as soon as I get new updates.

-Warren

16. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

17. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

18. Team Templates

A team template!! Much like sharepoint document site or site templates that contain a specific layout and set of documents this would be amazing for a team template. We could deploy a team for each project we had that had a preset assignment of planner tasks and documents attached to it and a preset of channels that goes with that team. Could really make a big difference in the way we deploy and use teams.

1,295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still queued up in the backlog. No additional details are available at this moment.

-Warren

19. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

1,285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

20. Quoting previous Messages

A collegue of mine discovered this in markdown formatting (if you include a ">" before a paragraph it formats it as a quote, then 2xShift+Return to exit quote). This is a useful feature when trying to give context to a response that occurs later in a conversation thread.

Quoting should be a more integrated feature. I'm picturing a "quote" button below the message window that when you select it, it opens another window where you can select a message you want to quote. The tool should automatically date/time stamp the quote, format it the same as the markdown method, and…

1,239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  134 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base