Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend "Lobby - Only me" to allow specific users (e.g. a delegate) to join

While it is GREAT that the "Only me" option has been added, there are scenarios where it would be useful to allow a designated co-host to also join the meeting prior to the Organiser.

Imagine a delegate scheduling a meeting and being able to bypass the lobby as well as the organiser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add extra translation transcripts AFTER a Teams Live Event has run

Current all alternate languages need to be entered into a Live Event prior to it running. When looking to provide on-demand viewing after the Live Event itself, we get suggestions to add a language that wasn't on the event. This seems that it shouldn't be too hard to add, but is currently unavailable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to duplicate a page in Wiki App

Need an option to be able to duplicate pages in Wiki and able to use as template.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a Be Right Back / Break button especially for longer calls

Since video and voice calls go on for hours, kindly add a Be Right Back button for participants to enable a quick break

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Performance - Very Basic

The very basic requirement with loads of functionality is performance and I see it totally missing from teams. It actually decreases your productivity.
    Multitasking, while on a call it s not at all possible, Teams just keeps on hanging. Response time of a single click is as big as 10 secs.

This needs to immediately addresses or Teams might take a hit on user base pretty soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In cases where a user has been added or removed from Azure AD, the notification incorrectly shows this as having been done by the team owner

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Azure AD でユーザーを追加や削除をした場合に、チーム所有者で追加や削除されたように表示される
    In cases where a user has been added or removed from Azure AD, the notification incorrectly shows this as having been done by the team owner

■Description(内容):
    管理者権限のあるユーザーにて Azure AD でユーザーを追加や削除をした場合に、チーム内の通知として、管理者ユーザーではなく、そのユーザーが参加しているチーム所有者で追加や削除がされたように表示される。
    追加や削除を実際に行った管理者ユーザーで表示されるようにしてほしい。

In cases where a user with admin privileges has added or removed a user via Azure AD, the notification appears as though the owner of the team in question did it, rather than the administrator.
    Please make it so that when additions and removals are done like this, it shows as having been done by an administrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove hyperlink in chat editor

When pasting text that contains a hyperlink into a chat, the link gets pasted as well. This is fine, but sometimes I don't want the link included (for example, pasting a paragraph from wikipedia will include tons of links that I probably don't care about).

Any one of the following solutions would be fine:
    1. Adding an editor button for "Remove link"
    2. When editing a link by clicking the "Insert link" button, the pop-up has a "Remove link" option
    3. When editing a link by clicking the "Insert link" button, clicking the X in the "Address" input removes the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Connect to Outlook to Shifts

From an end-user perspective, it would be helpful if the Shifts App connected to Outlook in some way. Either from the Shifts App send a time-off request as an appointment to Outlook, or from Outlook request time-off in Shifts. I am guessing the first way would be easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep track of how long a meeting lasted

It would be nice when you join a meeting via the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" link in the invite that you could keep track of those meetings and how long they lasted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I'd like my company name to be displayed in my caller id. This is important.

Customize my caller id with my business name and main telephone number.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back Full Screen and Pin views in Teams Calls. They no longer exist in the newest version.

Teams used to have a "pin" feature to lock a camera view onto the screen. Teams also had a 'full screen' view that eliminated the Teams interface (for recording).

The latest version of Teams (build 1.3.00.19173 (64-bit)) does not have these features anymore.

They were super useful, as my business department relies on these two features almost exclusively.

Please restore these features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drag and drop files in and out of Teams

Need to be able to drag files from Teams into a folder and from Outlook into Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stay in the same view after working on a document

Assume you are working in a team that is in the middle of a long list of teams you are a member of;

-Finance Team

-Channel A

-Channel B
    -Channel C

Go in to a channel and open a document. After closing the document the list of teams refreshes and you you are brought to the top of it. You can no longer see the team you were working in or the channels in it. Instead you must scroll back down to find your team again if you want work on a document in a different channel.

This is a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. acessiblity - described video/talk to text

I experience hearing difficulites using a computer and find that through the computer I am not able to hear all that is being stated. It would be amazing if there could be an accompanying described video feature that could go across the bottom of the screen that would use the talk to text feature that I could read what was being said. This would also be very useful when there is sound issues for particpation, esp if the input was from the person's computer and broadcasted to the others in the form of sound and text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. excuse from meeting

Sometimes during a meeting with many attendees, I need to duck out (e.g. answer the door to get a package, nip to the rest room etc) It would be nice to be able to notify the other attendees that I have temporarily "left the meeting room" without having to interrupt the conversation, e.g. Highlight my avatar somehow or pop up a notification until I rejoin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Do not DELETE chats of deleted/inactive users

In a big company, people come and GO. When they leave, the chats any user had with them disappear. It should not.

The chat of inactive or deleted users must remain accessible to the other parties they wrote to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Set default Question Mark with Emoji

I feel sometimes like getting blamed when I am asked questions from questioners (mostly co-workers) on Microsoft Teams, though the questioner has no intention to blame me. If everybody uses emoji "?" (like a pink color question mark or a cute version question mark), not normal "?", it would relieve the tense and might be great for better communication.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Organize/hide/unhide Threads

There is only the ability to hide threads in the messaging section. However, the threads cannot be "unhidden" unless someone posts a new message in the thread. I would like to be able to hide, unhide, and organize my threads as I see fit, and not have to wait on someone to post a message to see a thread again if I decide to hide it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base