Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Progress Graphs

When looking at the board. Can we break down a progress chart for each " ToDo" Item? If you have multiple ongoing clients it's hard to track each client's projects.

looking for this format.
    COMPANY TEAM/CLIENT/PROJECTS

-//CLIENT (project's completion graph, etc) / Project completion graph, etc. 

Right now it's just.
    COMPANY TEAM/CLIENT/PROJECTS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kaizala Jobcards added to Planner Tasks

Is there a link or will there be a link with between Kaizala Jobcards and Planner Tasks which would then make all assigned actions/tasks visible on Teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add alternative text or image descriptions to images, GIFs, stickers, and other content for accessibility.

Add alternative text or image descriptions to images, GIFs, stickers, and other content for accessibility. Allow users to add image descriptions (even potentially of other users' images). Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save pictures when pasted into Wiki page

Currently there is an issue when you paste pictures into a wiki page and then come back to it later, the pictures are no longer there!

Seems to happen if you add another section or edit a section after the pictures are added - very frustrating

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. About ORG-WIDE Team

I would like to add the ability to create teams ORG-WIDE Team in the Microsoft Teams admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Open Docs in Desktop App (i.e., Powerpoint) as Read Only

Provide that ability to Open Docs in Desktop App (i.e., Powerpoint) as Read Only so you can see all of the current work without impacting or saving the document if you are not planning to make updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My company is looking for the ability to delete root folders. We're in the process of cleaning our directory. The program requires us to del

My company is looking for the ability to delete root folders. We're in the process of cleaning our directory. The program requires us to delete all files in a folder, then the folder, then the folder it is in, all the way back to the root folder. It's a time-consuming process for something that can be done in File Explorer in a matter of seconds.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make "Enter" key confirm dialog boxes/select options consistently across the interface

Functionality of the Enter/Return key in pop-up dialogs is inconsistent across the interface. When the user is presented with a dialog, pressing Enter should do the same as clicking the "confirm" (or equivalent) button. This is not just a creature comfort – it actively improves the usability and speed of the software by being consistent. Consider that in any case where the user is in a menu or dialog box, pressing ESC will back out of that menu or form. If there is a universal “cancel” keyboard key, there should be a universal “select” keyboard key.

As far as I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. options

There does not appear to be any readily available options/settings in Teams for appearance, window behavior, or just about anything else within the Teams interface. Give us a settings/options menu or a clear indication of where to find them!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Handle all functions inside of the application instead of opening web browser

Many icons and buttons open in an external web browser, requiring logging in again. If you don't save passwords or auto-login like myself, I'm just constantly typing in my details to do anything.

If the app had a built in browser that could save or confirm my credentials it would be better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Setting voice mail out of office messages

Add an option to see Voice Mail out of office message and away from office message on the PHONE icon. I believe the only way to access this now is through SETTINGS. Should there not be an option to simply click on the VOICE MAIL button under PHONE?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Phone number history displayed in Call answering rules Setting

The phone number history displayed in Call answering rules Setting should be implemented by the user or administrator.

It is also useful to have a function to control the display so that it is not displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Automatically admit people" information icon should include the words "Allow dial-in users to bypass the lobby must be set to ON"

"Automatically admit people" information icon should include the words "Allow dial-in users to bypass the lobby must be set to ON"

[Ticket #:16312372] update global meeting policy issue

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Group Team Icons by Recent Activity

Expand the concept of grouping Teams by "Your Teams" vs "Hidden Teams" to include a group at the top like "Your active Teams" which is a subset of "Your Teams" repeated at the top because they have unread activity within them.

I would leave "Your Teams" behavior as it is today, since I like that you can decide on the sort order. The "Your active teams" should keep the same sort order imo (rather than newest on top like Chats behavior).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change terminology from Team Picture to Team Icon

To call the Team Picture a "picture" infers "photograph" in my mind, I feel it would be more accurate to call it Team ICON

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tag for followup

Need a way to tag items for follow up later. currently using the saved option, but hard to distinguish been content I need to reference later,and action items.
    issue is I read activity, but need to work it later. need to be able to find it later and know if it is handled or not. does not need to be visible to other users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you click the app launch tool from the Teams screen, you want to hide apps that you don't have a license for.

OneDrive and users who don't have an Outlook license will also be able to see the app, so they want to hide it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need a feature that can retrieve activity reports with PowerShell

We would like to implement a method to save Teams activity audit log locally on a regular basis since the log is deleted in 90 days.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a heatmap view to calendar

I'd like to see on a monthly or annual view a colour coded calendar that shows a "heat map" by number of activities, red where the calendar is full and green where it's free.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base