Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different styles to pick from.

The windows App could do with a selection of styles to pick from.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to clean any history in team

I don't see this functionality today and this would help as unnecessary to keep advises on what we already read.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When I work in Teams and have a tex shared file open in the Teams window it often happens that I accidentally click down the entire Teams in

When I work in Teams and have a tex shared file open in the Teams window it often happens that I accidentally click down the entire Teams instead of just the file. Probably out of habit. But if you could in any way make it clear that the file is open in the Teams window, or that you could implement some type of tab system so that you can jump between file and chat without having to start over.
    Are aware that you can open the file from Excel or word on the computer but think it is easy to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a follow button with default settings for notifications

Provide a "follow/unfollow" button in the main channel view with configurable/sensible defaults in each channel that allows a user to receive channel notifications. This would allow users to opt in via a simple UX flow and provide a visual reminder to configure notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Complete Forms App in the App Bar/Left Nav

Have a complete Forms App in the app bar/left navigation that will provide access to all forms, both personal and group which can be then pushed into Teams/Channels

Referred from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/teams-developer/folder-for-form-quiz/m-p/1278094

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the wrong translation of "pin" to "PIN code" in Danish IOS version of teams

On IPad, when you want to pin a speaker, the menu shows a pin icon and the text "PIN-kode" (Danish for PIN number), instead of "Fastgør" which would be the correct translation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to directly share files copied from a folder via pasting it in the message box

It would be great if Teams can allow a feature (already present in Skype for Business) to paste files directly into the message box.

Currently one has to click on the files icon and then search the location on the hard drive to attach files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Extend assignment deadline for individual students

Sometimes when an assignment is set with a deadline, I don't want to allow late turn ins for all students, but may need to give an extension to an individual student. It would be really useful to be able to do this without having to make it possible for the rest of the class to also turn in late.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a new Teams meeting and post it in more then one channel

As a teacher I would like to have more flexibility in Calendar - New Meeting scheduling. It's cool I can invite participants one by one, but currently I can only publish a meeting in one channel, one classroom. I would like to have the same meeting/online class for several classes at once - thus need an option to publish the same meeting to several channels. Now I just create a meeting for one team/class and then publish the link manually in General channels of other teams/classes. But it should be a "one button process" within a meeting. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a storage URL link to FILES tab to easily groups and locate files frequently used by the group.

It is nice to have to link a directory tree or actual file link from a cloud storage directly to the FILES tab in its directory structure to group files scattered around different SharePoint sites where the team can easily locate and follow and to get the latest updated file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. メンションを送る際、自動的に敬称をつけてほしい

メンションを送る際、
    「@田中太郎」と指定した場合、「田中太郎さん」と表示してほしい
    みんな、「さん」を手入力している。
    さん、様、敬称なし 等を選べると良いと思う。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. four screens at a time is useless for teachers

Teachers need to be able to see all students’s screen when teaching virtually through meetings. Zoom does it, please add that feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A feature to be implemented to restore a group chat that no longer exists.

Request for a feature to be implemented to restore a group chat that no longer exists in Teams since there is no way of restoring that information as it is not implemented to date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to enter a call muted does not work.

When I select the option via the sliding radio button to join a call as a muted participant, I am not muted when the call starts.

This sliding radio button does not work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. actively chat and view presentation at same time

Would like to be able to actively chat while viewing a full-screen presentation, like Skype. The mini-presentation is nearly useless if you need to actually see the content, and many times I can use my eyes for the presentation and my fingers for multiple chats at the same time. Need both in focus at same time to effectively multitask.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add someone to a call in Teams - a third party to a 1-on-1 call, like we do so easily in Skype

Add someone to a call in Teams - a third party to a 1-on-1 call, like we do so easily in Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. downloaded file should include ability to see subtitles

The downloaded file of the live event (which is MP4) should allow the subtitles/captions to be included and turned on if required. i.e. shouldn't be hardcoded

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams outside my organization avaiable in destop app

When I am invited to a team outside my org, in both, mobile app (android) and web I can switch easily from my organization to the org which invited me to chech the teams that I am involved in. However in the desktop app is not possible. I would suggest at least and access to switch of organization and would be better if teams would have an unified view of all teams. For example could be a group in the teams tree per org (like hidden teams nowadays)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Assignments: Add Work on Mobile to include from Camera

At present, Adding Work from a mobile device and Inserting a File from the Camera allows only Photo and Video options.

Inserting a photo into a Chat, however, allows for "scanning" document type (Photo, Document, Whiteboard, Business Card).

In the education environment we're having to teach students how to insert into OneNote (best for back and forth with notes from a teacher), or scan to OneDrive and then attach to "My Work" from OneDrive.

Attaching to "My Work" from a mobile device should provide the full document detection capabilities of Office Lens, without need to go to any other app.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base