Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. online notification, increase the limit

The current maximum amount of users you can have on your "statusmessage" list is 15. So if I want to recieve the "this user is now online" from more then that, it's impossible.
    In Skype for business this was unlimited.

See attached picture - it's in danish but it says "contact can't be added. There can't me added more then 15 contacts t" and then the message is cut off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it compatible for users outside organizations with security code or authentic ation

When connecting with users outside organizations..security code auto triggers and can connect automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We would like to be able to sync SELECT Section Tabs and their Pages from OneNote to a Tab in a Teams Channel

We keep orderly copies of all litigation pleadings in our internal OneNote Workbooks. We would like to be able to have a Tab in a Teams channel sync to that OneNote Tab, with all its pages. This will enable us to keep clients informed, but not have our entire OneNote workbook available in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. As a conversation thread starter, I would like to be able to hide specific replies.

When I start a conversation thread, the thread sometimes goes off in a different direction, with a low signal-to-noise. That's okay, but if there is a "useful" reply, I'd like to be able to hide the others (not delete, just hide them, like Twitter lets me), so I can focus the thread for others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a 'bot' that allows our team to set up "Reminders" on our boards

Add a 'bot' that allows our team to set up "Reminders" on our boards, like we are able to in Slack

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. streaming audio from chrome auto mute

I seem to remember Skype for Business auto muting my iHeart or Pandora if it was running when receiving a call.
    Teams doesn't seem to have this feature currently, correct?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trocar icone do grupo

Eu gostaria de trocar o ícone que simboliza o grupo da minha equipe. Na prática quero ícones específicos para as equipes de amigos e equipes de trabalho

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Teams mobile to access and synch with Teams desktop contacts

I've added many business contacts into my Teams Desktop address book. I do not wish to add all their numbers again to my cell phone so that Teams Mobile knows which numbers belong to which person.

When I get a call, my phone doesn't know who is calling, even if my desktop does. When I need to take a call from the road, or away from my computer screen, I might not recognize the number. If I need to make a call from the road (etc), I might not know which number in my call history to dial since I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag team name in to outlook to auto create links in email ( files and team links )

To simplify the task of putting a link to a team site / file on team site into an email , update the action of dragging the team name into an email to leave a nice link in the Email ( eg the team name)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mi sugerencia turnos, es poder eliminar turnos (erroneos) sin necesidad de eliminar el equipo

gerencia turnos, es poder eliminar turnos (erroneos) sin necesidad de eliminar el equipo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surface Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create task from Wiki text

We use the Wiki tab to post project's weekly meeting summary in free text for all channel members.

In the summary there are action items in bullets.

My suggestion is to allow the summary writer to instantly create a task in the Planner tab, based on the the bullet action items,
    by using a 1-click button that will transform the action item to a task in a Planner task card.

Then he/she could use the task card as it would normally be used in Planner (Assign task to team member(s), set due date, Priority etc...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. One View of Tasks

I want to see all the tasks allocated to me (from different planners in different teams) in one view so that I do not miss out on any task and I shouldnt have to go to each teams to know the task allocated to me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When pressing the email link i wanna join meeting automaticly

Is there a way to make the email link a One click join button?
    Many of my clients love teams.
    and several of my clients use one program that fetches the link from the email. and create one "meeting" on the screen you in the meeting room.

The problem everyone has is that when they click the link. and being brought into teams. then they have to click again at join meeting now.
    question is.
    is it possible to go from the link directly into the meeting?
    as several of my clients want to get rid of mouse and keyboard.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Visible to see all teams assigned to a shift on a given day in shifts

I make a shift for a given day and on this day we have 6 slots but the other team members cannot see who else is working with them on that day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change status when mobile app is in silent mode

If the mobile app switches to silent mode, notifications are silenced as expected, but I'm still shown as online. It would make much more sense to change the.status to either do not disturb or away in this case. Now I appear to be available while I'm not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base