Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Master document to share across multiple teams

Could it be possible to have a "Master" document on one Team page, to share as view only on other Team pages? This would be for the intent of only updating one document to share with multiple teams rather than have multiple versions of that same document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Polls available for external users

Allow external users to complete polls in the chat box

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Prompt instead of automatically closing teams when in a call

When you are in a call and click the close window button a prompt should ask you whether you want to close the window and end the call, it can be frustrating if you accidently click on the close button whilst in a call and it ends the call. Outlook has a similar function for saving drafts and exiting with emails in your outbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 KPI'S in Planner & put a graph

In the planner category put under priority another category with 4 KPI'S regarding Safety , Quality, Deliver and Cost and after to see a graphic like in this attachment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give an option to edit name

There is no such an option to edit name
    So give it in profile section

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be more consistent to have numbered notifications on the 'Teams' icon when someone posts in a Channel (instead of on Activity icon)

It would be more consistent to have numbered notifications on the 'Teams' icon when someone posts in a Channel (instead of on Activity icon). The Activity section notifies when someone reacts to a comment of yours. The Chat icon has a numbered notification when someone posts in a chat.. It would seem logical for a numbered icon to appear on the Teams icon when someone posts in a Channel chat - rather than just notified in the Activity section - which you have to sift through all the 'like' etc. reaction notifications to see.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want you to add settings and functions that can reduce the load on the VPN device.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    VPN機器の負荷を下げれる設定や機能を追加してほしい
    I want you to add settings and functions that can reduce the load on the VPN device

■Description(内容):
    Teams クライアントの更新プログラムで更新時に使用されるネットワーク帯域幅が大幅に減少され利用VPN機器の仕様で、ドメイン指定でのVPNバイパス設定ができないため、他にVPN機器への負荷をさげられる設定や機能を追加してほしい
    また、アップデート開始時間をポリシー等で制御出来ると、利用率の高い時間を避けて設定したり対策出来るのですが、そのような設定も追加してほしいです。
    The network bandwidth used for updating is greatly reduced by the update program of the Teams client, and VPN bypass settings cannot be specified by specifying the domain according to the specifications of the VPN device used, so settings and functions that can reduce the load on other VPN devices I want you to add
    Also, if you can control the update start time with a policy etc., you can set and take measures…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change default file behavior Editing/Reviewing

Would be great to be able to change the default opening behaviour for files on an adhoc basis.

Excel files currently open in editing mode, having the ability to change it to open in vieweing mode by default for anyone who opens it will prevent users accidentally editing the file unless its intentional.

Implementing this to all office files would be amazing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access the Team through the channel

When I am in a channel or in settings- accessed from clicking on an @mention or from my pinned channels it would be great if I can go into the Team from the channel instead of having to scroll and find the Team to be able to access another channel in that Team. Right now you can click on the Team icon but you can only go to the settings or members (see attached screen shot) not to the Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not automatically invite the whole team to a channel meeting.

When I created a meeting on a channel related topic (in this case, a Testing channel) and invited one other required attendee who is in another office, Teams automatically invited the whole team.

Since it was mostly a 1-on-1 meeting it didn't make sense to invite everyone... but I still wanted the meeting to have visibility in the channel so everyone knew it was happening.

It'd be nice to be able to specify whether or not to send meeting invites to everyone on the team for a 1-on-1 meeting in a channel.

If I wanted to invite the whole team…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Three clicks to copy link

Problem:
    When copying the link to a file saved on Teams, it takes three clicks. one to open the context menu from the three dots, one to select Copy Link, then one to confirm copying the link.

Suggestion:
    Remove the last click unless a user wants to edit the URL. Most times, I don't think users want to make this edit. They just want to quickly copy the link and paste it into an email or chat. This should take at most two clicks, and the last menu that pops up is clunky.

Additionally, the links to the file really…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inviting personnel on the go from either company in meeting

currently only the originator team can immediately add any member of his organisation to the meeting whenever someone from his organisation is required for a meeting. this feature is not available for the guest company. if another person is required during the meeting, the only option is to send the original invite and call the person to accept the invite and he can join from that link. option should be availalbe to directly call anybody from the meeting for participants of both or many companies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. banner of incoming videos move it to top

while in a video conference call, the material being shared is in the center of the screen and the strip of videos (of the different participants in on the bottom) - it would be good to have this at the top so that my eyes aren't downcast - but, rather looks somewhat like I am looking at the participants (i.e. the camera on top of my screen) while viewing my screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Space bar to mute/unmmute

Pressing the space bar to toggle the mute function would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make a call from chat

I am in a chat with a colleague and decide I want to call them. Let me click their name, in chat, and have a call option rather than having to go into Call and search for that person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notificao de trabalho

Colocar uma notificao de quando faltar 1 hora para o assigmente fechar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Pop out chat" as a right-click option on the Chat icon in the left icon panel

I find the pop-out chat icon in the upper right to be pretty opaque --- when I'm looking for that functionality, I go to the Chat icon in the left-panel, and right-click. No "Pop-out chat" there. "Hmm, I guess that functionality doesn't exist. How am I getting chat popups on my screen during a meeting, then? I wonder how to reply to them"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pic and File Seperator

Sometimes I have very long conversations with people. Throughout the conversations we are sending Pictures and Files back and forth. It would be super useful to create a way to look at a scroll through ONLY the pics that were exchanged throughout the conversation. The same with the files.

Currently if I want to reference a picture from 5 hours ago. I have to scroll through 5 hours of messaging. This feature would allow you to scroll only through the pictures and files that were send throughout the conversation.

Normally there is more messaging going on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base