Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Count speakers time

Hello, it would be very nice to know, at the end of a call, and even at the end of a conference the time every speaker has spoken. Yes, very nice...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View Shared Desktop & View Person at same time for Sign Language users to see & communicate

Can we please add availability for Sharing your screen, and also being able to see the person at the same time. For people using American Sign language, this is important as the viewer needs to see what the presenter is saying through American Sign Language or any sign language. This would help with communication!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team roster/Time stamp

As a teacher moving to distant learning, it is difficult as of now to take roll or see how active students are. Adding a team roster with a time stamp of some sorts would be really beneficial. A time stamp of last activity or something to that nature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a top-level Contacts menu item to easily view team member status & actions

Move Chat/Contacts to be a top-level left-nav menu item similar to all other IM tools, including Skype for Business. Teams is meant to replace existing MS IM tools and should maintain feature parity. This includes a contact list that provides the ability to quickly see contact status, initiate a chat, call, etc., and view history with a contact. It's cumbersome to have every feature that uses Contacts have their own implementation of a Contact list (see Calls, Chat, etc.) and a good indication it should be bubbled up to a top level. This could also provide the foundation for a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a feature to permanently delete a conversation chain

Please create a feature to permanently delete a conversation chain. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Possible Solution: Inviting an entire team to an MS Teams Meeting

I had to set up a meeting too and faced a similar problem. But I may have found a temporary solution....

Disclaimer: This may only work if you have the Ms Teams add-in on Outlook. You can check if you do by clicking on the calendar icon and if you see a purple "New Teams Meeting" at the home tab ribbon, then you are good to go. Go back to view emails and follow the steps below.

1. In Outlook, in the Home Tab ribbon, click on the little arrow by "Quick Steps" to open the "Manage Quick Steps" box

2. Click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. File rename not syncing with Tab name

I upload an excel file to Files and add it as a Tab on my Channel. Later, I update the file name using 'Rename' option. The name change of file does not sync on the Tab name where my excel file sits. It is inconvenient to keep updating Tab name each time, specially when you keep changing version numbers on file names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share video clips which could be either a video from web cam or a screen recording

If a colleague is not available for live video chat can a video recording be sent? this could consist of a recording via the webcam or a recording of the screen (inc audio). For example; demonstrating how to use a document or app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. option to disable Presence in Teams Chat per user

There have been a lot of ideas around presence.. we have a request to provide an option to disable presence on a per user basis in Teams. Concern is that the functionality could be used to assess user´s performance and availability, and we´d like to be able to provide this option to our user community.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Slovak language localization for assignments and grades in Teams for EDU

Please complete the Slovak language localization of Assignments and grades in MS Teams for EDU. It is preventing some schools and teacher from using teams for online education.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. pin chats and add multiple chats on the screen at once.

I would add the ability to put pinned chat lists on a side by side basis when using the Teams version on your computer, so that the pinned items don't fall off the bottom of the screen (when this happens, chats start to get missed). so being able to group them and take up more real estate on the screen would make sense...

also, the pop out feature might be okay, but it looks like you lose a lot of the buttons in the main teams window. would probably be better to allow the ability to arrange multiple chats in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop Sharing Button Goes Away [Android]

Using the Android app 1416/1.0.0.2020032405
    If I use the Share option to share my screen and then navigate to another app, once I return to the Teams app the Stop Sharing button is no longer available. I have to use a hack to stop sharing by opting to share a photo (don't actually have to share, just select that option).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Muting and unmuting a call via right-click of a minimized Teams icon

It would be very useful for multi-tasking purposes to be able to mute and unmute a call without having to maximize the Teams window

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have ability for a Whiteboard and Screenshare at same time

For example, if running a meeting where someone is doing a screenshare, it would be great to have ability to have a Whiteboard that all can update available to be run side by side. Having both screens up at same time would allow others to collaborate with running notes, or a scratchpad for the group, while one is presenting their personal screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Multiple selections instead of just one item

It would be nice if you could click on multiple choices and not just one item.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Patients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Redesign the Share Drawer to focus on desktop sharing

By far the most frequent stumbling block I've seen in Teams meetings is presenters sharing a Window while thinking they're sharing a Desktop. The reason for this is that the Window sharing section is in the middle of the share drawer, which is the first place people look.

I propose redesigning the share drawer: have a row of Desktop options with slightly larger thumbnails, then a second row of smaller thumbnails for Windows, PowerPoints, and Whiteboard. The Desktop option is almost always the intended experience for newer users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make channel notifications default "yes"/ "active"

I recently transferred into a new position and was added as a member to over 25 channels. Then, I had to manually set all notifications, hoping I didn't inadvertently skip any. Too much work, would rather get them and not need them, then not get them and have to remember to go look for bold areas, not knowing which update came in first, second, etc. Also, as the owner of channels with membership numbering in the 100's, I would like to know that all my members at least should have been getting real-time notifications about important posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide E-Mail Adress

Is there any way to hide the E-Mail Address of Users in Teams so that only the e.g Displayname is shown and nothing else?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove someone from the call only by the admin

I’ve been removed from the call by my friends and we have a class, can you please let the ability to remove someone only for the admin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base