Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding tasks from emails and to channels

Adding tasks from emails and to channels
    Increased speed of sending images

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Track Changes in Meeting Notes TAB in Teams and ability to publish them to conversation thread to prevent abuse of non permitted changes

When entering meeting notes another team member can edit these or even delete say a valid point or remove something that is intended for follow up. It would be good to be able to track changes or versions within the Meeting Notes Tab and or have the ability to publish the final notes to the conversation thread or a PDF.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recent欄から古いチャットが自動で非表示にならない設定を追加してもらいたい

Recent欄から古いチャットが自動で非表示にならない設定を追加してもらいたい。

過去にチャットした人との会話を参照したくても、
    古いチャットが消えてしまうので不便です。
    特に名前を思い出せないと困ります。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Just make it reliable and give me audible alerts on my PC

I use a PC. Some colleagues use a Mac.

(1) Often the status of a Mac is not shown correctly to a PC user and visa versa. Just make it work reliably. Eg, a colleague is showing on my screen as unavailable yet shows as available on his.

(2) I can get an alert on my Apple phone and Apple Watch but not on my PC why! I shouldn't have to rely on my Apple Watch to know I have a new chat. This is terrible.

(3) When I do a meeting via Teams, allow me to give a phone…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification preview setting

Notification Preview setting. The ability for a notification to come up with the person's name but not show the message unless you click on it.

This is a common setting on smart phones so that people cannot see the message when it flashes on the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search for and find files

There's no way to search for files - I can only find them by association with the people who posted them to Teams. Seems to be a glaring gap

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow incoming / outgoing calls + enable keypad functionality

Our Teams set-up doesn't include a keypad to make outgoing calls. This is problematic. If we are losing Skype, we need to be able to use Teams to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Renomear contatos

Seria muito útil ter uma opção onde eu pudesse renomear os contatos externos. Por exemplo e-mails de empresas externas a minha onde os nomes aparecem somente os e-mails que são matrículas de cada usuários neste caso. Por tanto, eu poderia renomear no meu Teams os e-mails que sei de quem são as pessoas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "where" someone is whether on laptop or mobile

I would like for my status to show whether I am on my laptop or my mobile device. Further, being able to set location based on ip address when on a laptop would be great as well. For instance... I saw a coworker was "available" but was unresponsive to messages. When I called, they said they were logged in on their phone and not at the office yet. Instead of assuming someone was really available both seeing that they were on mobile and had been inactive for the past 10 hours would have easily told me that they were not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email Address for each conversation

In addition to an email address assigned to each channel, a designated email address for each conversation would help organize posts within a channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Settings won't save my changes

E.g. I changed my call settings but every time I leave the page it just automatically sets to its defaults. Could you please get that fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Images aren't loading when trying to click to view full zoomed image

Images aren't loading when trying to click to view full zoomed image

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to edit Message Order

Currently there is no option to edit the order the posts are coming into the Teams. The messages are currently ordered by the latest reply to each post which makes the general posts ("conversations") hard to track by timestamp. It would be helpful if there is an option to keep the order of the general posts instead of the latest reply to the post altering the order of the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fixed Width Font. Slashed Zeros.

Fixed width like Consolas or similar would be great. We share snippets of code. It would be nice to have slashed zeros.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams 1.2.00.17856 requires discrete (High Performace) GPU on Mac

I reported this issue on version 1.2.00.13765 and it is still an issue with the new 1.2.00.17856 update. Please acknowledge this issue and fix it. It has been like this for months now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルの詳細な利用状況をエクスポートできるような機能を追加してほしい

Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

■Description(内容):
    チャネル単位での Teams への投稿内容や、メンションの数、メンションの内容、「LIKE」の数をカウントして BI ツールで投稿との関連性を調査し、利用することを想定している。チャネル単位で BI ツールと連携可能な形での利用状況のカウントが簡易的に取得できるような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like to investigate the relevance between the Teams posts and the detailed usage by using BI tool, for each channel in Teams, such as contents of posts, the number of mentions, contents of mentions and the number of “Like”s.
    Therefore, we would like you to provide a feature to obtain the detailed usage information for Teams and collaborate with BI tool more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bearbeitung von TXT-Dateien direkt in Teams

Textdateien direkt in Teams bearbeiten analog dem Bearbeiten von Word oder Exceldateien.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification bell when i get message from Group or one-to-one

Hi Team, I feel when I get messages from Group and one-to-one should I get a notification as well as notification sound also, I appreciate if this feature added in this Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stability and Consistency among programs

Quality -
    Stability is still an issue. For the same files, I can see it on OneDrive -Library, but TEAMS tells me “no files”.......

Consistency between SharePoint and TEAMS have many problems

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)