Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature that admin can specify the capacity of teams no matter who create the team

I would like to ask a feature that admin can specify the data storing capacity of teams in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneNote`s Format is wrong by Microsoft Teams

OneNote`s Format is wrong by Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get it to work

A customer setup a meeting using MS Teams. I usually use Firefox, which is what I opened the link with. The only option presented was to download the disktop app. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't connect to the customer's meeting.

If tried IE, but it only offered to download the app again.

Tried Edge, it was able to start a session and connect. But wasn't able to find a microphone to connect.

I was able to listen to the meeting, but had to type messages to other team mates to provide information and ideas.

What a hindrance! Next time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create the ability to attach a sticky note to a document in Files or a Document Library

We are standardizing on teams as a UI for business. This means that we have items in the Document Library or the Files area that are often Works in Progress. I would like to see the ability to attach a note, or tag or some other entity visible at the folder level that could display a quick note on mouse over. For example, we might have an existing expense policy that someone could mouse over and have a popup indicate that this is in production and a second one with a different title that would reveal a popup indicating WIP…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update Bug

The latest update 1.0.68 is causing the the mobile app to crash when attempting to view graphics in sections, where as 1.0.65 version does not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Actually allow Teams to communicate with Skype users and not just Skype for busines

Actually use it as a Microsoft universal communicator. i'm not asking for it to communicate with Slack or Zoom. I just want it to work in the Microsoft world

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gracefull Hold Resuming

When using the teams mobile app and I join a conference call, if I decide to make another phone call the meeting goes on hold. I can come back after the phone call and resume the meeting.

However if I go on a second phone call and come back to the meeting the resume button is not responsive. I have to exit the call and come back to make it work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We need video conferencing abilities on the app

We need the ability to video conference on the app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BOTs Automate Scripting for all Microsoft Modules

Create a BOT for admins that has all the MS modules loaded; type in English to “Admin” BOT what you want to do.

Admin Bot creates your script, you can modify and use under your creds.

Example: Grab all German users in German Team, give them this DLP policy; and this Teams Messaging policy. Would save a T O N of time. Makes us all PowerShell champions. More automation, more productivity, more efficiency, more security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. access to entire remote screen

when in control of another's desktop, if chat or attendees pane is showing, it's not possible to access items at the bottom or top of the remote screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MS Teams connector for BigTime

Microsoft Teams should create a connector for BigTime (https://www.bigtime.net/). Currently, my organization could accomplish the following with Slack: https://kb.bigtime.net/bigtime-configuration/integration-guide/slack-integration-with-bigtime/. As we continue to evaluate a potential adoption of MS Teams, this has emerged as an issue. Like Slack, MS Teams could enable integrations with BigTime and similar time management solutions. This would make adoption so much easier to justify and achieve. Thanks in advance for your consideration of this idea.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flow add to teams

We have some voluntary programs that users sign up using a Microsoft Form. We have Flow transferring that information to the Teams Site, which works great. However, an owner of the Microsoft Team has to then go and add the user who just submitted the Form to become a member of the Team. It would be so useful to create a step in the Flow to add the user to the Team after submitting a Form.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams app is crashing when pressing the shifts tab on android.

I currently have 25 people in my team. i noticed on low ram devices the shifts app is crashing when trying to open it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Not Receiving Desktop Notifications

In the last day, I've stopped receiving desktop notifications. This makes the program useless. I've restarted, logged in and out and confirmed that I am receiving them on my mobile device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better Browser Support for popular Browsers

Sorry, but it is bad support for popular browsers. On Skype for business, there´s no need to have a MS account and the Desktop App, therefore it is much easier to make meetings on demand with single users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Like a post more than once

Edwards wants to like things more than once. Probably his own posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Teams invitation mails to be edited at will

I would like to add signatures in Teams invitation mail body because I am concerning that these messages would get misunderstood by users as junk mails such as fishing mails. There is no such function at the moment and I don’t have any alternative solutions. So, I would like to ask implementing such feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. sometimes group messages shows nothing. despite having chats

sometimes group messages shows nothing. despite having chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop auto-start

Provide an option to not auto-start this shitware when Windows 7 reboots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base