Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it function like Skype did about 5 years ago

Teams is a big step backwards.
    Please revert all functionality to skype about 5 years ago, ideally.

Teams is just not good

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Swifts - Sceduling reports

As admin you can export a time report in the settings of Shifts.
    I would like to see an option to scedule the report daily each week.

Combinding this with Flow would be amazing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. template minutes

To be able to set custom meeting minute template to be used in Team meeting.
    For instance, some companies might use their own formatting, fonts, logos etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tag teammates with nickames or shortened names.

At the moment you can only tag a persons full name and surname or just their full name. This does not allow for shortened names i.e. Tim for Timothy or Ben for Benjamin. It just feels a little too formal sometimes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you share a PP-presentation in Teams, let it be possible to link a movie

When you share a PP-presentation in Teams, let it be possible to link a movie, from YouTube e.g. Like you are able to do, in an ordinary PP-presentation. Please

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Filter on Task description, Checklist Items and Comments

Enhance the Filter feature in the Teams Planner tab in the following ways:
    1. Typing in a filter/search term should find words in a Task description (not just the Task title)
    2. Typing in a filter/search term should find words in Task Checklist Items and Comments as well
    3. Typing in a persons name should filter the people in the list so you don't have to scroll through people to find the person you want to filter by.

*Note: Trello already does this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Migração (disponibilização) automatica dos contatos do Office365 e Skype no Teams.

A adoção em massa do Teams só será possível quando os Contatos (Pessoas) do Exchange 365 estiver disponível nos Contatos do Teams.
    E também a importação dos Contatos do Skype (home).
    O usuário fica perdido sem nenhum contato para interagir e sem saber como proceder.
    Caso os contatos aparecessem automaticamente a adoção seria instantânea.
    Mesmo que o conceito seja diferente (Equipes) o usuário não enxerga os seus contatos usuais para inseri-los nas Equipes.
    Vocês precisam disponibilizar um diretório automático que sincronize com os contatos do Office365, Skype e Skype for Business para que o usuário não precise inserir novamente todos…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search in iOS/iPadOS should work as web and/or desktop version

The search experience now is not up to par.

It behaves quite different compared to the desktop version. Also missing the possibility to navigate fast between teams and/or channels and performing commands in the mobile version.

Pls make it a coherent experience between the platforms. At the moment I can’t use Teams as efficient on my iPad app. Often find myself forced to use the web version instead. Although that one works quite well since iPadOS have full desktop web experience now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Obtain teams which belong to a specific user

I would like to obtain teams which owned by the specific user by specifying the UPN in a command line.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to Hide Group Shifts

Within the team I am a part of, there are individual groups for the various departments in our organization. Everyone's schedule in every group is visible to me, but I do not want to see every other department's schedule, just mine. Having the option to hide different group shifts would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 複数単語の検索について

複数の単語の検索ができるようにしてほしい。一つの単語だと絞り切れない。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. side panel for quick selection

It would be great if you could add your selected apps to the side panel for quick selection

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Meetings, working on documents and chats must be able to seperate or productivity is greatly impacted.

Deploying Teams to enterprise users, I hear the frustration of not being able to spread the communications onto separate screens as separate efforts. Example: Bounce a Meeting into another window, while being able to chat with a colleague NOT in the meeting and collaborating on yet a third effort (Editing a document) all at the same time. This is a common pain point pushing users to resist Teams adoption.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams Team Recovery and Channel Version Recovery

Is there a Teams recovery/restore feature? Example, if a Team was accidentally deleted.
    There is a way to recover a channel, and as a separate question - I wasn't able to find any versioning of the channel to be restored, akin Document versioning in SharePoint. Is that feature not yet available?

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to Group Files Like Document Libraries Can be Grouped in SharePoint

Since I've learned how to create grouped views for document libraries in SharePoint, I've grown to loathe file folders. Grouping files makes them so much more accessible & faster to identify. With file folders, there is a propensity for creating an endlessness of folders within folders, making it time-consuming, and thereby aggravating, to find the one file you actually need.

Please find a way to incorporate grouped view technology from SharePoint into the File tabs in Channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability for designated users to view all task cards assigned to specific users within a team

It would be very helpful if designated users (managers in our case) had the ability to view all task cards organized by who they're assigned to in one place. Ideally this would be in a format similar to how we view all tasks assigned to ourselves. This would be a huge benefit for project management helping to ensure tasks are getting completed timely and that no single employee has to much on their plate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increase number of flags

I request to increase number of flags - up from 6 to.......?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base