Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Enterprise Voice/Cloud Voicemail/Assign Voice Policies when moving to TeamsOnly Mode from Skype for Business Server

When moving users from Skype for Business Server to the cloud as TeamsOnly, I would love to see an additional option within the wizard on the Skype for Business Server to allow one to enable Enteprise Voice if it is enabled for the user in SFB, Enable Cloud VM, and have the ability to select a cloud voice policy IF the customer has direct routing deployed. This would remove the need of having to connect manually to SFB Online PowerShell after moving the users to enable EV, Cloud VM, and assigning voice policies. Makes the process overall a more streamlined…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easier document view switching

When reading one document, ability to pin and and go and look at another document Rather than have it disappear and have to go and find it again, ability to pin it or have more than one window open at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. if no Owners in a team, display "Become Owner" to all current Members

To simplify management and reduce complications, when no Owners remain in a team, then the Manage Team interface should show "Become Owner" to all current Members (below the "Add Member" button, perhaps). Accept the first application, then return to normal display for everyone.

This change would allow self-sufficiency of a team without unnecessary involvement of administrators.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incoming Webhook connector should respond to requests

Often services that send webhooks will stop sending if the endpoint does not respond with a 2xx status. The incoming webhook connection should send a 2xx response to incoming webhook requests so that services that require it can be used e.g. application status pages using statuspage.io

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change a team into a channel within another team.

I am a new user who has accidentally set up multiple teams rather than multiple channels within one team. I have already produced too much work in each team to just delete and start again. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Users should be able to create a group of @ names in a channel so each @individual doesn't need to be added

Users should be able to create a group of @ names in a channel so each @individual doesn't need to be added each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pop for new Conversation

we suggest that we can collapse the conversation list. so that we could identity easily which teams conversation has new message. this will be helpful especially for WFM who is monitoring multiple projects

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. pop up teams or conversation like skype

to enable popping out of conversation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email Functionality from Files

Add a button: "send to email" from Files. I often need to send documents via outlook. It would be nice to just send from Teams as an attachment in outlook email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It seems Ms teams has no such feature to share both video and audio , when it will be built in, much exptected

It seems Ms teams has no such feature to share both video and audio , when it will be built in, much expected

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want to record live events at my own timing

I want to record live events at my own timing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. User search in Teams

With the user search in Teams and its behavior followed by ABP, it would be great that we could exceptionally search a certain domain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customize settings in user search in Teams

It would be great to set exceptional view settings for user search functionality in Teams. Ideally, the view format would be similar as ABP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need notification that stays on screen until acknowledged by user.

I would like the option for the Teams screen to maximize or a popup come up whenever a message is received, and stay there until I actually acknowledge it's receipt. Many times, messages are received, and unless you are viewing the screen at all times, the message indication has gone away, and you don't know you received one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Consolidated search of links and attachments that can be filtered by chat/channel.

File search exists, but would be improved by having chat/channel filters.

More importantly is that we need to be able to search all documents, even those that weren't put in the files section, but we're just attachments in threads. Additionally all links and docs should be captured and referenceable from a straightforward UI container element that consolidates all of them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Continue presentation when going back

When you are in a call presenting or even working for yourself the presentation closes fully when you leave to another page in MS Teams. For example you are showing a presentation in a Channel and switch to Chats, when you go back for maintaining presenting you firstly have to open the presentation again and secondly find the latest slide. To make that transaction more smooth it would be great to have a feature which asks you if you want to continue the presentation or start from the beginning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use shifts to allocate roles and responsibility - i.e allocate an alias

All the specification of a role/responsibility for each shift that can then be use to identify or @ a user.
    For example lets say I assigned an on-call shift '8pm-8am as 1st floor on-call' then I gain the alias @first-floor-on-call for the duration of the shift so someone can @GeorgeHarvey or @first-floor-on-call, both will come to me, except when my shift ends @first-floor-on-call is then forwarded to the next user, and they can see any outstanding tasks/messages due for @first-floor-on-call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. Can you please explain a bit more about this scenario? I am trying to understand what is applicable for the Shifts app vs. general group/1:1/channel chat. Thank you!

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

18. Could please create a way to change the interface to make it more user friendly.

Create a way to model the interface more. Now for instance the call tabs are arranged speed dial, contact, history and voice mail. And I would like to be able to have contact on top so I can start searching directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Active sign in

Teams doesn't try to sign in again if the first attempt fails. It would be good if Teams is constantly trying to sing in until the internet connection is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a 'x' option next to the chat of a particular person.So that once we are finished with the chat I can close the conversation.

Provide a 'x' option for a particular chat so that we can close the conversation once done. It can be provided next to the name of the person where we have options like hide etc, a close also would help.
    Or a 'X' option in the chat window. A huge list of people in the chat list is irritating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base