Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. External Access and Federation

Collaboration is a core element of how we work which requires the creation of extended teams on a project or long term engagement. Whilst the majority of our teams are internal staff, there is still a critical element of any project that requires the inclusion of our clients and/or external vendors. It is imperative that Microsoft Teams allows for the easy (but secure) inclusion of external parties for the length of any project or engagement.

This is why historically products like Groups etc. have not been adopted as widely as we would hope. If the tool only allows for 60-70%…

3,852 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

232 comments  ·  Privacy and Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You may have already heard this because we announced this date at our public release of Teams last month, but I thought I’d email everyone just in case they didn’t get the news. We’ve publicly committed to a date for this feature, and it is June!

Its a difficult feature to pull off, and we want to make sure to get it right for you. Thank you for your patience and most of all, thank you for bringing this idea for us! We’re excited to soon be able to mark the #1 UserVoice item as complete. :-)

Sincerely,
      Suphatra

• 2,259 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

423 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, I need some help from you on this. Can you add to the conversation thread on UserVoice —

What is more important to you, having the presence be different (i.e. reflect your machine activity and not just your Teams activity) or having it be synchronous to Skype for Business?

Why are you using Skype for Business and Teams at the same time? (I’m not being facetious, this is an actual user research question so I can understand your use case/scenario.)

Thank you for your help. The more info I have, the better I can represent your voice to engineering!

Sincerely,
        Suphatra
        Microsoft Teams

• Support for Private Channels

Looking for the ability to create a channel that only channel members can see. Private channels are available in slack. There is an admin for private channels who is the creator, and they are the ones who add/remove users.

2,251 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

204 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have enabled a new feature — Private and Public Teams. This allows you to make a team either public (anyone can join) or private (people can only be invited into the team).

This new feature should help many of you requesting private channels.

To make an existing team private or public, just click on the ellipses next to the team name and choose “Edit team”.

Thanks,
          Suphatra

• Notifications for all messages in a channel

There is no clear way how to enable all notifications in channels. I have channel where I am interested in all messages.

1,889 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

236 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hope this brightens your Friday — your feature request is here! Our hardworking engineers have been working on this for weeks and we’re happy to report it released yesterday.

To set notifications for all messages in a channel, just click the little ellipses next to the channel name and choose “Follow this channel.”

If this made your Friday, please tweet to us! You can send the tweet to me (@skprufo) or just include the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag, and I’ll make sure it gets to our dev team.

THANK YOU for making Teams better and better with your awesome feedback. You guys are the best.

Sincerely,
            Suphatra
            Microsoft Teams

• Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
            2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team…

1,822 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  135 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Drag and Drop attachments

It really slows us down to have to click Attachment and browse the finder to find an image. Would prefer drag and drop.

1,696 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s done! Enjoy. If this made your Friday (it did for me), then send me a happy tweet and I’ll re-tweet you. :-) www.twitter.com/skprufo

Suphatra
                Microsoft Teams

P.S. There is a known bug that is causing some users to not be able to upload files in any way. We’re working on resolving this. I know this is causing an inconvenience for some of you, and I extend my sincerest apologies. I actually am facing this same bug myself, so trust me — I’m tracking its progress closely!

• Auto scroll down when new messages come in

It is annoying to have to click on the “New Messages” button or scroll down manually when new messages arrive. The suggestion here is to keep scrolling down to bottom and to provide a button to jump back to last unread message.

1,619 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

144 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to you, this bug was caught and we’re working to fix this. A BIG thank you to all the people who commented in the thread below, emailed, and tweeted to us that this item still needed work despite our previous fixes. We are testing the current fix now and should have this remedied for you soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!

Sincerely,
                  Suphatra

• Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

1,607 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

1,556 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, I need your help here! I am elevating this to engineering but I need more info.

Can you please reply to this UserVoice item thread with this info —

Do you want to see who is presently in a specific CHANNEL or just in TEAMS in general?
                      Why do you want this — what is the situation you’re in where this would aid you. Understanding your user scenario will help us meet your needs!

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your voice and help here.

Sincerely,
                      Suphatra

• 1,449 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This gained a lot of traction five months ago and seems to have tappered off. Now that we’ve created “Follow a channel” — do you still have a business need for this feature? If so, could you share that information in the thread here on UserVoice, under this item.

Thank you,
                        Suphatra

• Please create a professional compact chat layout!

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

1,414 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, reminder that we are hosting the user feedback round table on Twitter tomorrow (3/23) @ 10am Pacific Time.

To participate, just log into Twitter and follow the hashtag #CompactChat. You’ll be able to share your feedback directly with the designers and engineers who put together our framework.

If you have any questions, just ping me at twitter.com/skprufo and I can help you.

Suphatra

P.S. I would have put this live chat session in Teams, but we don’t have Guest Access (coming soon!), so for now — Twitter it is. Hope to see you there, and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

• Code snippets

I would like code snippets with highlighting based on code language. And for snippets longer than X lines, a "show more" button (like slack)

1,360 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams…

1,340 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow use of existing OneNotes/documents for channels

My team has a pre-existing OneNote. It would be really helpful to be able to create a tab that uses this, rather than being forced to start with a blank notebook.

1,283 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  49 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Markdown support

In slack I can format my message by using markdown.
                                See get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/202288908-...

That also allows me to have some kind of code highlighting.
                                This feature is really cool for teams discussing technical subjects.

1,086 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Markdown is here!

For those who want to be able to format text on the fly or collaborate on code, markdown has finally arrived. Now, you’ve got a quick, easy way to perform the following actions:

add asterisks to either end of some text to make it bold
                                  underscore the beginning and end of some text in order to make it italic
                                  add a tilde before and after your text to strike through
                                  Add a double pound sign (##) before your text to create a Header
                                  Type [text](URL) to create a hyperlink within a message
                                  To start a bulleted list, preface your text with an asterisk (*) or a hyphen (-)
                                  To start a numbered list, preface your text with
                                  To create a block quote, just add a right-hand bracket (>) before your text
                                  Even better, our markdown syntax includes support for code:

To add an inline block…

• Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

1,004 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

161 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Hide the reply button under every message

The "reply" button is WAY too large under each message. I recommend either making the button just a smaller icon and off to the side of a message, or only showing it on hover.

976 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Use existing Planner or Group to build Team

Maybe this is in there, but we have a number of Office 365 Groups it would be nice to make a team out of. I got to make a team the very first time out of a group for one, but I don't see a way of making a team out of an existing Group and auto-adding those members. It would be nice if it tied to the existing Planner--I don't want to make new teams or groups, but use the existing ones....

976 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks for continuing to provide feedback on this item. I’ve gone through and it looks like there are some existing issues still.

Please add your feedback to the thread below so I can continue to collate and bring to the engineering team to remedy.

Thanks,
                                        Suphatra

• Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

895 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI again everyone, I got your messages that this is not working for some of you on Android.

For the Android app, can you confirm that you’re on the latest build?

We shipped an update on Apr 6th (version 1416/1.0.0.2017040402) that should have fixed the repeated log-in issue. If you’re still getting logged out of the android app everyday, please let us know.

Thanks!
                                          Suphatra

• slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

801 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base